Durian Food Recipe: Appetizer
Food / Delicacies that's associated with Durian...Durian Mooncake, Durian Cake, Durian Yogurt, Durian Candies...Is that all that you can think about? What about Appetizers like Durian Flower Salad?
Can't hide your excitement to know more already? Let's browse through these recipes below and you decide on the one that you wished to try cooking...Or our dearest durian lovers, maybe you would like to attempt all?
Durian Flower Salad
Durian Flowers can be prepared like any vegetable. They can be stir-fried, boiled or even be a simple dressing to your other dishes.
- Durian Flower
* It is best to wash and soak the Durian Flowers in Lemon Juice to soften them and remove the astringency.
Steps To Prepare The Salad
- Remove the pollen and boil the Durian Flower for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Doused the boiled Durian Flower in a bowl of cold water.
- Pound the ingredients (Garlic, Chili, Salt, Vinegar, Lime, Sugar & Tomato) thoroughly.
- Pour the pounded dressings over the Durian Flower and its ready to eat!
Durian Bacon Cups
- 16 - 20 slices of bacon
- 8 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 12 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 600g of durian flesh
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 4 medium egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
Steps To Prepare The Bacon Cups
Preheat oven to 356°F (180°C) for 15 minutes.
Coat both sides of bacon with maple syrup, followed by brown sugar.
Fry the sugar coated bacon in frying pan over medium heat and remove the excess oil afterwards.
Whisk egg yolk and sugar in a bowl until light and smooth for the durian puree.
Heat durian flesh in a pot on low fire. With a balloon whisk, add yogurt and stir continuously to mix well.
Gradually add whisked egg yolk into durian purée. Stir for 3 minutes or till the mixture is mixed well. Heat off and let it cool.
Grease muffin moulds with butter. Line parchment paper in the greased muffin moulds. Wrap browned bacon around the sides and the base of each muffin mould.
Fill in durian purée and bake for 20 minutes.
When done, lift up parchment paper to remove bacon cups from the muffin moulds and served warm.